Yosemite National Park was amazing. I've watched people going ga ga over Arches and Canyonlands and thought to myself, "please people, they're arches! Holes in the rocks for Pete's sake." But I was ga ga over Yosemite. Our first day there was just a little taste because we only had a short afternoon to spend there before it got dark and we couldn't see anymore.
I was most excited to see the giant Redwood trees, so we drove all the way to the side of the park where the Mariposa Grove was. They were massive and so impressive! My really strong husband almost pushed this one over. I stopped him just in time. 
Amazingly enough they had prepared a 30th anniversary tree just for Dave and I called The Faithful Couple. And even with the many, many people wandering the trail in the Mariposa Grove that day, we were actually there by ourselves for ten minutes or so, long enough to take several silly pictures that I am not going to post, and a few that were more mature, like this one.



And this is the Clothspin Tree. Cool, huh? And so very BIG!! I loved hiking to see these massive beauties and we had such good carma at Yosemite, I actually started to relax my guard and believe that on THIS trip, no bad luck would come pouring in trying to ruin our fun. But now I know you don't ever, ever relax your guard because bad carma is waiting for you just around the corner.
1 comment:
Uh oh, what happened?? That was just like those cliff hangers they put at the end of every episode of Lost. We know something terrible happened, but we have to wait all the way till the next episode to find out what!!
Post a Comment