Tuesday, June 1, 2010

These Fergalicious Shoes

Last fall when Marie-Laure, our French guest was staying with us, she and I went shopping in Grand Junction. They were having one of their BOGO sales at Famous Footwear and I convinced Marie-Laure that if she would let me buy her some shoes, I could get some for half price. Great reasoning on my part, don't you think? So cute, hip, stylish, 19 year old Marie Laure picked out these shoes . . . Fergalicious brand ~ and although I knew a little about Fergie the rap singer, but only because Marie-Laure was living with us, I had no idea these shoes were hers, too. So, I started looking around the store for some shoes for ME! Now, shopping with Marie Laure always went something like this. Me, "Marie-Laure, look at this. Isn't this cute?" Marie-Laure, ( with a French accent) "Pfff, is for old person." Me, "How can it be for an old person? We we are in the juniors section of the store." Marie-Laure, shrugging, "If you waannt!" And that would be my cue to put whatever I thought was cute back and walk away. Looking for shoes was no different, so when Marie-Laure suggested I just get another pair of the same shoes she picked out so we could have matching shoes, I followed her suggestion. That was last fall, and since then I have become just a little bit obsessed with these shoes!! They are cute, comfortable, cool, you don't have to bend over to tie them, and every day when I'm getting dressed I look in my closet at my millions of pairs of shoes and inevitably I pull these out and wear them. They have become by far my most favorite pair of shoes. Ever. So today when I slipped them on my feet yet once again and realized they were starting to . . . . wear out ~ YIKES!!! I jumped on line to try and find another pair JUST LIKE THEM. I didn't find another pair in my size :( but I did find a review several people had written about my shoes, so I read the reviews just to see if these people loved my shoes as much as I do. One of those reviews went like this: "I really love these shoes, although my husband says I am too old to wear them (I am 27)" . . . . Wow! If she only knew.

2 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

I secretly want a pair too... they look SO comfy!

Marie-Laure said...

This is the best shoes !!!!! I wish I could be there again with you and go shopping! I miss U