Thursday, February 3, 2011

An Aquarium in Salt Lake???

Who would have guessed that here in Utah, far, far away from the ocean, there would be an aquarium to visit? We were in Salt Lake last week, so after Kimbrey and I finished with a session here
I wish I had taken this picture, by the way. Isn't it nice? The Temple was, too. Big enough to make me feel like I was in a Temple in Salt Lake, but small enough to make me feel comfortable. I come from the land of the very tiny Monticello Temple, after all. I get more than a little panicky when I don't know where I am or where I need to go from here.
Warning!! These next photos were taken with my phone camera, so they are not-so-good. But at least I HAD my phone camera :)

After our Temple session, we took Chase and Brody to the Aquarium while Dave and Daniel went to boring USA-All meetings. And we got to pet the Manrays, find Nemo,

See them feed the penguins . . . .

And then watch the penguins swim around! We got to see sharks, octopuses, all kinds of cool ocean creatures. And what did Chase want to see?

The frogs. Over and over again. "Let's go see the frogs!" And when we left, because he was SO good, I let him pick out a prize from the gift shop. He chose a frog. Two frogs, actually. Funny Chase! What a good time we had, and how nice to know that we don't need no stickin' ocean!!

2 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Kenny wants to know what a "manray" is, and why on earth you would pet one!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Thanks for coming up and entertaining us while the men did their "man thing".