Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's All In The Support

 For many years, especially while I served as the Young Women's President for our stake, Dave was my support crew.  I had him doing all kinds of things from hanging that twelve foot tall Ark to drilling holes in 150 wood pieces for Girl's Camp.  He rarely complained, and he has rarely needed my support back.  But Dave was recently called to be on the high council in our stake, and suddenly he needs ME!  I am his companion speaker when he has to speak on the third Sunday of the month, and this week, I was his companion speaker at a youth conference in the mountains.

The theme of the Youth Conference was "Getting rid of noxious weeds in our lives."  And of course, I had to make a handout.  When I showed up with my guitar, because I also taught them a little song :)  and these flowers, the girls were SO excited!!  The boys - not so much.

  
Until I showed them the backs.  "There's SUCKERS" I said in a sing songy voice that Chase taught me.  And then they were all over getting a handout!  Especially when I told them that Dave would get up when I was finished and man things back up again for them. 

The handout was a quote from Abraham Lincoln that said, "I want it said of me that I plucked a weed and planted a flower wherever I thought a flower would grow."  I like that thought. I think it's a good motto for everyone.  And I just have to say, at times like this, I really wish I had a cricut!!

No comments: