Monday, November 24, 2014

Senior Pictures

I love taking Senior Pictures.  I love pinning poses, kidding around with teenagers trying to make them laugh, and I love how excited they are to have Senior Pictures taken.  Even the Boys!  A few weeks ago I took my friend, Darleen's grandson, Kyler's seniors.  He is HUGE into baseball, so we had a lot of fun with baseball shots.  Here are are few of my favorites.
I kind of love these.  I was using spot metering, so a shadow from the chain link fence showed up in the pictures.  I don't mind the chain link shadow, because I think it adds to the story the photos are trying to tell.  It's all about baseball.  I also love the shadow of Kyler.  Jill took a few that she over exposed enough to get the chain link shadow out.  They are really good!  Some of Kyler's favorites. 
I love the angle of this one.  He is leaning over an old gate at an old barn, and I'm glad I thought to take a few shots with the end of the gate straight on.  I think it adds to the dimension and interest of the photo.  I also love his smile here. 
I love this pose, but this is one where I wish I had asked him to turn his head a little to avoid the shadow on half his face.  The right side of his face was so bright I really had no choice but to photoshop this one to black and white.  I did lower the opacity slightly to let the red from his shirt show through because this is Kyler's favorite shirt :)

I love everything about this photo.  The composition is good I think.  I left an open space for him to gaze into, the muted colors in the background are so pretty, and I love the texture on the trunk of the tree.  And Kyler is pretty handsome, too!
Just another pose in the woods.  It was a fun way to spend a really cold weekend morning. 

1 comment:

Kimbrey said...

They are all so great. I really love the full body baseball one. His shadow really captures my attention and draws my eye to him. That was a really creative way to use shadow!