Sunday, February 22, 2015

Photography Lesson #2 Creative use of Shutter Speed

For this assignment we took Jill's kids to the motocross track to ride motorcycles.  Papa and Capri were quite content to ride around and around past us while we took pictures.  Over and over and over.  I got pretty bored with the whole taking five pictures and bumping my shutter speed up a notch.  But I did it!  Well, sometimes I only took three pictures.  But the one above is my favorite freezing motion picture.
And this was my favorite implied motion picture.  Can you see the roost Aiden is getting with his back wheel?  This boy is getting very comfortable on a bike :)
For creative use of shutter speed I always have to try my hand at panning.  I should get out of my panning rut and try something new, but I don't quite have panning down yet, so I keep working on it. 
This is the best I got.  Capri's face is in pretty darn good focus, Dave's is a little blurry, but not bad.  Implied motion right there.  And thus ends our second week assignment that took us three weeks to do.  Three weeks is still better than never, I say :)




1 comment:

Kimbrey said...

I like the shot of Aiden's roost. I love your panning shots. You are just naturally good at those. Dad and Capri are nicely in focus. My only thought is that I would like to see a shot pulled back a little bit with some of the road in front of them a little maybe? Good job! And good job on being the only one to get the assignment done!