I'm working backwards blogging our Boston trip because that's how I'm editing the pictures. This day was Sunday, the day we flew home. We went to church - best things first - then loaded up all our luggage and headed to Boston. But first I wanted some pictures of Brennan and Emma in front of their very cool apartment.
More on the town of Lowell and the apartment later, but just as a reference, Bren and Emma live in the building on the left. All the building you can see were once textile mills that have been converted into apartments, stores, offices, ect. The water that surrounds the buildings are canals that were built in the early 1800's as a power source to power the looms in the textile mills. Don't you love a building with a history?
Very pretty view. They call Lowell, Little Venice. So, if you can't go to Italy, go to Lowell.
One thing that Dave really wanted to do that we hadn't had time to do yet was tour the USS Constitution. This ship was build in the 1800's to fight the Danbury Pirates, but by the time the ship was finished, so was the war with the Pirates. It was used in the war of 1812, which is when it got the nickname, Old Ironsides. She's build out of wood that is 22" thick, and the British cannonballs were bouncing off her sides. Someone was heard to say, "Her sides must be made out of iron" Hence the nickname. In the above picture from the deck of the USS Constitution, you can see an old World War II ship we also toured.
Dave, Brennan, and Emma, ready to board the U.S.S. Constitution. After touring ships and hiking to Bunker Hill, (sometimes I just didn't get my camera out) we drove out to Castle Island and walked the loop around the bay. It was a beautiful way to end our trip. Dave took a picture of Brennan and I - our last moments together, Brennan with his new Mom haircut.
Then Brennan took a picture of Dave and I. This would look like a nice, sweet couples picture if he hadn't also captures the set up process.
This, right here, is why I try to stay behind the camera. It's not pretty, but it's real. Then it was off to the airport and home.








No comments:
Post a Comment