So, I try hard not to go outside . . .where it's cold. So, on Thursday as I was on line watching Drew fly from Salt Lake to the Dominican Republic - pathetic, I know - I discovered a new passion. www.swaptree.com where you can enter books that you have to trade, and enter books that you want to read, and they, the swaptree people, will match you up with someone who has the book you want to read, and wants the book you have already read and don't need anymore, or a threesome combination therein, and you swap! You just stick your book in a bubble envelope and drop it in the mail and a few days later, you GET a book in return. It's SO easy!! You can even print a mailing/postage label from their website so you don't have to go into the post office. On Thursday, my first day, I traded Breaking Dawn (Stephenie Meyer) for The Sea (John Banville), Pirate Latitudes (Michael Crichton) for Water For Elephants (Sara Gruen) , and Three Weeks With My Brother (Nicholas Sparks) for The Westing Game (Ellen Raskin). By Friday morning, my already read books were in the mail and now I am waiting for my new books to come. And let me tell you, ANY package coming in the mail in January is something to be excited about. So check it out! Because the more swap people there are out there, the more packages I will have to look forward to. And believe me, I need something to look forward to, because baby, it's cold here in the deserts of Moab.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Baby, It's Cold
Besides showing how incredibly cold it STILL is here, I think this icicle forming on the TV cable outside my kitchen window has an underlying story. Something along the lines of not holding tight to the iron rod or something. I just haven't figured it out yet.
So, I try hard not to go outside . . .where it's cold. So, on Thursday as I was on line watching Drew fly from Salt Lake to the Dominican Republic - pathetic, I know - I discovered a new passion. www.swaptree.com where you can enter books that you have to trade, and enter books that you want to read, and they, the swaptree people, will match you up with someone who has the book you want to read, and wants the book you have already read and don't need anymore, or a threesome combination therein, and you swap! You just stick your book in a bubble envelope and drop it in the mail and a few days later, you GET a book in return. It's SO easy!! You can even print a mailing/postage label from their website so you don't have to go into the post office. On Thursday, my first day, I traded Breaking Dawn (Stephenie Meyer) for The Sea (John Banville), Pirate Latitudes (Michael Crichton) for Water For Elephants (Sara Gruen) , and Three Weeks With My Brother (Nicholas Sparks) for The Westing Game (Ellen Raskin). By Friday morning, my already read books were in the mail and now I am waiting for my new books to come. And let me tell you, ANY package coming in the mail in January is something to be excited about. So check it out! Because the more swap people there are out there, the more packages I will have to look forward to. And believe me, I need something to look forward to, because baby, it's cold here in the deserts of Moab.
So, I try hard not to go outside . . .where it's cold. So, on Thursday as I was on line watching Drew fly from Salt Lake to the Dominican Republic - pathetic, I know - I discovered a new passion. www.swaptree.com where you can enter books that you have to trade, and enter books that you want to read, and they, the swaptree people, will match you up with someone who has the book you want to read, and wants the book you have already read and don't need anymore, or a threesome combination therein, and you swap! You just stick your book in a bubble envelope and drop it in the mail and a few days later, you GET a book in return. It's SO easy!! You can even print a mailing/postage label from their website so you don't have to go into the post office. On Thursday, my first day, I traded Breaking Dawn (Stephenie Meyer) for The Sea (John Banville), Pirate Latitudes (Michael Crichton) for Water For Elephants (Sara Gruen) , and Three Weeks With My Brother (Nicholas Sparks) for The Westing Game (Ellen Raskin). By Friday morning, my already read books were in the mail and now I am waiting for my new books to come. And let me tell you, ANY package coming in the mail in January is something to be excited about. So check it out! Because the more swap people there are out there, the more packages I will have to look forward to. And believe me, I need something to look forward to, because baby, it's cold here in the deserts of Moab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How did you like the Westing Game? It's one of my favorite books :D
Post a Comment