Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Super Hero TuesDay

 By Tuesday of Cozzens Camp, we had settled into a routine of sorts.  Get up, eat breakfast, have flag ceremony, and meet on the stairs for an orientation of what our plans were for the day.  Tuesday was Super Hero day!!  So first off, we needed to make our super hero T-shirts.  I had brought a basic outline of three different super hero logos.  Super man, Batman, and Darth Vader.  I know, Darth Vader was NOT a super hero, but, as I explained to Porter, he became a good guy in the end.  And his mask was pretty basic, so for our Cozzens Camp purposes, he was a super hero. 
 Jill and I copied the outlines of the chosen super hero onto each T-shirt using a fabric marker, and then using colored fabric markers, the kids colored theirs in.  Porter was meticulous!!  He worked for a long time coloring his Darth Vader mask.  He even had to leave it for a time while we did another activity and finish it later.  But he DID finish it.  It was very colorful and beautiful!! I loved every one of them.  Those T-shirts had SUCH personality.
And then Jill and I, the two most un-artistic duo on the planet, painted their cute faces.  And we did a pretty darn good job!  Here is Bat Aiden in his bat face and bat T-shirt

 And here is Brody in his Superman T-shirt and, what he liked to call his "Lighting McQueens" face.
 Capri had a Hello Kitty face for about five minutes.  Then she wanted it OFF!  But look how cute she was for that five minutes :)
I didn't paint Bridger's face, so I don't have a close up picture of it.  I think Jill does, so when she gets around to editing her pictures, we'll see Bridger up close.  But here he is in HIS Superman shirt and mask.
And Chase did NOT want his face painted.  Apparently he didn't like the crackly paint feeling when they painted his face at the Children's Museum in Oregon.  So he passed  But he also choose a Darth Vader logo for his shirt.
And here is Darth Porter in his awesome Darth mask and his remarkably professional looking Darth T-shirt.  These guys really  put on the super hero moves!!

 

 And finally, the whole gang.  Minus Capri, who was inside getting her face washed back to a normal Capri looking face.  What a fun beginning to our Super Hero Day!  But, there is more to come.  We fought villains, and had weapons training, and all kinds of exciting events.  Stay tuned!!

No comments: