Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Senior Picture Time

Over the past few years I have had a few seniors ask me to take their senior pictures.  Normally they have been young women in my ward who I work with in my ward Young Women's calling.  This year I thought I would dodge that bundle of nerves bullet because there are no senior girls in our ward Young Women's.  But I work with this crazy kid, and I happened to snap this random and not at all posed, kind of junk yard dog looking picture at a stake service project, and he liked it!!  So I got to take his senior pictures.
I was surprised that he knew just what and where he wanted his pictures done.  Guys usually don't care that much. 
 He wanted some in front of an old building.  We found this one at the BLM office near our house. 
 I love the difference colors and textures in the wood.  Especially as the sun started to come up and lit the side of the building. 


Then I noticed some nice back light coming through this lattice fence at the BLM offices,  so I threw him in front of the fence a took a few. I love the prisms of light coming through the lattices. 
 Then we headed to the mountains, because he wanted some pictures in the aspens.  I kind of love the sun flare in this one.  Not a good senior portrait picture since the sun flares across his face, but I keep coming back to it as one of my favorites.


We got some really pretty back light in these.  Don't you love the halo of light around his head in the last one?  I also used a reflector to bounce light back on his face.  First time for me - and it made SUCH a difference.  I edited almost 50 pictures for him in this shoot.  Now he wants to get a hair cut and take some more formally dressed ones.  And I'm asking myself, "What is he going to do with all these pictures?"

1 comment:

Olson Family said...

You are really talented!!