Tuesday, June 23, 2009

. . . But What I Did Instead

Tonight there were a million things I really should have done. Like the dishes. Or work at my THIRD job, our home office. Or actually come up with a plan for what to cook tomorrow for dinner. I should have finished folding laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, or just hung out with my sore husband who is recuperating from hernia surgery. But this is what I did instead.

I decided to practice my fast action photography skills, so I followed Brennan and Drew to the City Park to photograph them playing Ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of friends.

It was so much more fun than mopping, cleaning, cooking, paying bills, or any of those other things I SHOULD have been doing.

Brennan is just as wild an Ultimate Frisbee player as he is at doing anything else. That's him on the ground. When he was younger - like 5 or 6 years old - the bigger boys, i.e. Dalen, Ryan, Rory and Kyle, who were 15 or 16, used to send Brennan down a tubing hill they weren't sure was safe enough for them to ride. If Brennan made it to the bottom without killing himself, they would try it.


The evening wasn't a waste. I did learn something. I need a lot more practice shooting fast action photos with my telephoto lens. Too many of my pictures came out blurry, darn it. There were quite a few shots that I really wanted to find in focus.

Especially this one.

3 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

A lot of those pictures look good blurry to me. It shows the motion- especially that last one of Brennan. The way his leg is going he looks like he's gonna just keep going and flip right over. By the way I like your (somewhat) new background. I copied where you got it from and found myself a new one. Hope you don't mind.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Yep, I love that last one, blurry or not. I too have had trouble lately with the whole, I should be folding all the laundry that is sitting on my couch, or preparing something for dinner, or cleaning this house that hasn't been cleaned in a week, blah blah blah, but I would much rather go outside and hang out with the neighbors and watch our kids play.

Olson Family said...

Ultimate frisbee was one of my favorite things to do while in college. They look like they are having lots of fun. Brennan sure gets into it! Oh and I'm not surprised that my brothers would send Brennan down before them!