And this end with a new beginning is for Drew, the little graduate. Last Sunday was Seminary Graduation. Can I just say that I LOVE Seminary Graduation? I think we should just have seminary graduation and then stop graduating. These are some awesome kids Drew graduated with. By the way, can you tell which one is the teacher? And do you like the boy/girl segregation? We teach them that. The boy/girl ratio isn't bad, either. If you're a girl.
Here now is Drew with his cute Mom and Dad just minutes after he was ordained an Elder. We did have a picture in which Dave remembered to take off his glasses, but he was just holding them in his hand. Right there in the picture. And I looked better in this one, so I used it instead.

. . . And then he graduated. And it wasn't even sad - probably because I was distracted by all the little boys running around at my feet. Thanks Aiden, Chase and Porter for saving me from shedding even one tear. By the way, that's Drew in the very first chair looking up longingly after his cap that he wasn't really sure was going to come down again where he could catch it. And he would have been too embarrased to have run after it.
Although he did practice hat catching earlier in the day. I sent Jill, Kimbrey and Michelle down to take pictures during dress rehersal and they convinced Drew and his buddies to throw their hats for a picture. But the boys didn't want their nice graduation caps to land in the mullberries you can see all over the sidewalk behind them, so right after they threw their hats, they tried to catch them.
Drew with his really great friends. These guys have been friends since they were in grade school together. They live within blocks of each other, in fact, Charlie, on the right there, is only five hours older than Drew. And he never lets him forget it. They call ME "Drew's Mom" No matter where we are, if they see me, it's "Hi Drew's Mom!"
They are a crazy bunch, these guys. All different religions, ideas, interests, and political opinions, and inside, where it counts, they are just really good guys. Not a jerky kid among them.
They have been such a blessing in Drew's life and we love them for it. Good luck y'all. And don't stop hangin' around this here place just because you're all graduated now, O.K?
3 comments:
Congrats Drew! I was wondering where you have been I miss your posting. What happened to posting daily?
man i don't feel old enough for drew to be old enough to graduate. congrads Drew. good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Congrats Drew! Thats exciting! I think Seminary Graduation was also my favorite part, except for the fact I had to speak and lost my voice! Where's Drew off to now?
Post a Comment