Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Call To Serve

It came today. We've been watching for it, and it finally came today. And Drew was at work, but just over helping Grandpa, so I called and said, "Drew, I'm holding your mission call. Come home and open it!" He said, "Oh, really? Well, I'm helping Grandpa. I'll be over when I'm finished" But I JUST CAN'T STAND TO WAIT!!! A little secret that I've just started confessing to a few people, when Brennan got his call he was in Cedar City and wouldn't be home until the weekend, so I opened his call, looked to see where he was going, and then sealed it back up and acted surprised with everyone else when he finally opened it with the WHOLE FAMILY there. I know. I'm bad!!

So, Marie-Laure and I walked the call over to him and I said, "Open it now, or I'm going to open it." That is why greasy, dirty Drew is opening his call right out on the job. O.K, we did make him go inside to get Grandma and wash his hands.

And since we were out on the job, there was no nice clean letter opener to use, so Drew just pulled out his big ol' leather man and hacked away at it.

Wait, does he look happy here? O.K., we know he wanted to go outside the US. But, did he get what he wanted?

No comments: