Wednesday, September 23, 2009

These Are The Important Things

Just for the record, these are all the things we prepared, cooked, and served up for Chase to eat for lunch before finally hitting on peaches . . and he ate the whole can. The entire 15.257 oz can of peaches. And we were beginning to think he wasn't hungry. Am I spoiling him by making him four different foods for lunch? I don't care - I'm the Gramma! Deal with it.

This was our morning, which included a "cycle" ride with Papa. I knew a day would come when Dave would regret the huge number of motorcycles we own and I think today was it. Chase found Papa's stash at the shop and he wanted to ride every single one . . . over and over again.

You may not know this, but you can't smile when riding a motorcycle. It just isn't done. Even if you are loving the ride and you don't want to quit ever. It just isn't manly to smile. Also, you need to look down periodically and check out your bike. Especially if the Papa giving you a ride isn't adhering to rule number one and is too busy smiling to pay attention.

All too soon Papa had to go to work, so Marie-Laure stepped in and gave Chase a bike ride, which is just as good as a motorcycle ride if all you have left around the place are girls.

And he played some basketball. Gotta keep those athletic skills sharp for Dad.

Swish! Sharp basketball skills. Check.

After some quality twirl time on the front lawn with Marie-Laure, which included learning a few new French words, it was time for a nap. We're napping good here at Gramma's house. The heavy playing is wearing us right out.

2 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Good to know he isn't changing much. Although I fear he is going to come back spoiled! Thanks for the update.

combes said...

I think you guys are having too much fun with that little boy! I can't blame you he is so cute it would be hard not to spoil him rotten.