Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Ward Party and Beyond!!

Last year I was in charge of the entire Ward Christmas Party.  This year, I was only in charge of the food.  And helping decorate - because my friend, Rachel was in charge of decorating, and we help each other.  So after the Relief Society Christmas party on Tuesday evening and after etching mirrors until 11:00 Tuesday night for Young Women in Excellence, and after YW in Excellence Wednesday night, I decorated and cooked for the ward party all day on Thursday.  These were our tables.  Rachel made these very, very awesome looking lanterns.  And I promptly went out and bought the stuff to make one of my own!!
 Here was our pot of green beans.  There are five number 10 cans of green beans in this pot.  We added two more and still had barely enough.  And everyone gave me crap about how many cans of green beans I had.  Here is the proof - you will need seven number ten cans of green beans to feed 150 people.
 
We made these lovely green salads, and the young men and young women served them.  People had a choice of Ranch or Italian dressing.  Bet you can't guess what we used more of :)
Here are the many, many green salads waiting to go out.  One hundred and fifty green salads, baby!!
 
And here is just some of my totally rad kitchen help.  They were GREAT!!  Joan, the one looking at the camera, made the gravy.  We served 60 pounds of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a roll.  All dished up onto a plate and served to our ward members by the youth of our ward.  My Dad would be so proud.  This is the way HE used to do ward dinners :)  It was EXHAUSTING!!
And now that those things are out of the way, it's time for Christmas crafting.  The best part of Christmas, I think!  This cute little Christmas memory tray, which took me WAY too long to make,  is going up on my wall at work.  And then I have lanterns to make, new nativity ornaments for the Living Room Christmas tree, SO much to do.  YAY!!


2 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

You're the awesomest person I know!! Cute lanterns, and Christmas memory tray, and good job on all the food! That looks like so much work, it's hard to believe you worked at your real job as well as doing all that!! I'm proud of you :)

Kimbrey said...

It looked beautiful. Those lanterns are so neat. Good job on the dinner. I'm sure everyone appreciated the hard work (and the green beans :)

Ours is this weekend, they have a lot to live up to in my eyes now :)