Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful Day Nine

 

Today I am thankful for my church callings.  Every one.  One of my official callings is music chorister in Sacrament meeting.  I share that calling with two other people, so I only conduct every third month.  I love being involved in music in some way, and it's always fun to sit on the stand and watch what goes on out in the congregation.  It gets to be pretty entertaining sometimes.  Congregation people, just a heads up; someone is always watching :)

My second and third callings are in the Young Womens.  I am the secretary and personal progress leader in my ward YW's and get to work with the lovely ladies above . . .
And 1st councilor in the stake YW's - no pictures of us yet.  We're new :)  And I love it. 
I was trying to fall to sleep the other night and I started counting my church callings (instead of sheep)  My first calling came when I was twelve - I was called by my Bishop (who was also my Dad :)  to play the piano in the junior primary.  That was back in the day when primary was on a weekday afternoon.  So my Mom picked me up from school and took me to primary to play the piano.  From there I moved to Jr. Primary chorister and on and on . . . to where I am today.  With the three BEST callings in the church.  And I am SO thankful :)
 

1 comment:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Hahaha, I can't believe you still have both of your young women callings AND the chorister one! No wonder you can never stay a whole weekend ;)