Sunday, November 16, 2008

Follow the Prophet

I heard a story once and I've repeated it many times, so if you've already heard this, bear with me, I'm going somewhere here. Ardeth Kapp told of an experience she had when she was General Young Women's president. She had a mother come up to her and state the following. "My daughter has a hard time with all the rules in the church because she feels the prophet is older and many of the standards of the church are outdated." She went on to say, "I told her that the prophet isn't always speaking prophetically, that many of the "rules" are just suggestions. What do you think?" I thought Sister Kapp's answer was clever. She said, "When the prophet is speaking from any pulpit or to any body of the church you can be sure that he is speaking prophetically. I'm sure there are times when he isn't. For instance, in the morning when he is choosing which breakfast cereal he wants to eat, I'm pretty sure that isn't a prophetic decision . . but I would choose the same kind, just in case." That is why we remodel at our house, because that is what President Hinckley did, remodel, and we are choosing to do the same thing, just in case. At least, that's what I keep telling Dave :)
On that note, do you see anything missing in this picture? Hey, where the heck is the fridge?

Oh, there it is, in the Family Room with the kitchen table. What project, do you suppose, we've got going on now? Actually, it really isn't all that exciting to anyone except me, but I've been waiting a YEAR for this to happen, so I am excited!! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Hey! What are you doing?!?!?!? You can't just leave us hanging- what are you doing with the kitchen?