
Although unrecognizable as such, this is Drew's room. Looking past the fact that he sleeps, by choice, upstairs in the rickety old water bed when he has his choice of nice downstairs bedrooms, you have to know that this room has never been so clean. Bed made, nothing on the floor except his big, blue bean bag chair where he plays X box, and just look at that neat and tidy desk there in the corner!
It all started a few weeks ago when this cute girl asked Drew to Sadie's. Doesn't she look just like Daisy Mae in her dress and running shoes? Actually in this picture she had just finished running in a cross country race and then threw on a dress on to accept an academic all state award. I was cheated out of a Sadie Hawkins picture, but that is another story. Anyway, Friday night, the night before the all day long Sadie Hawkins date, Ivy told Drew he needed to be ready at any time, the whole thing was a surprise and she wasn't going to tell him when she was coming to pick him up. In Drew's mind this meant he may very well be awakened early in the morning by a bunch of cute, giggly girls, (group dating, you know!) so he carefully cleaned his room and even slept in pajamas, just in case. Then he was up bright and early this morning - on a Saturday! The girls didn't show up until 10:00, but it couldn't have worked out better for me.
Just look at that nice, clean floor, shoes lined neatly by his bed. I wonder if I could I get them to do this every Saturday?
3 comments:
Nothing works better to make you clean than the threat of being embarrassed by your own mess. It works for me, once a month my visiting teachers come and force me to clean. If they don't end up coming, it wasn't a complete waste, I still have a clean house!
If you ever need something to blog about... you have struck my curiosity. I would like to hear more about the dad's debate, and Drew's sadies!
I wish that still worked for Rory. If you want to be invited to our blog let us know. My e-mail address is trinasjohnson@yahoo.com
Post a Comment