
My kids believe it's true even if it's not, that Drew, the spoiled youngest child of the family is also the favorite child. Now I've come up with a reason why he could win in that area. Sunday as I was backing our car out of the garage to go to church, I stopped going backwards in order to go forward and my tires skidded on the gravel of our driveway. This usually results in Dave jumping all over a teaching moment on how to drive correctly, so before that could happen, I made the comment that, though I tried, I couldn't figure out how to stop slowly and evenly enough so I didn't skid. Drew said he didn't skid when HE backed out and Dave said he didn't skid when HE backed out and Dave was starting to come up with some law of physics kind of explanation for my skidding when Drew spoke up. He said, "Mom, I think the problem is that you must weigh SIGNIFICANTLY less than Dad or I." Dave tried to continue with his answer, but I stopped him. I was happy with Drew's. Yes, that had to be it. I must weigh SIGNIFICANTLY less than Dave or Drew, so my tires float on the top of the gravel instead of grabbing traction and stopping. And that, right there, is why I like Drew best.
2 comments:
go drew what an appropriate answer to that dilema. I agree with him. that has to be the reason why it couldn't be your driving!!
The funny thing is that I can totally hear Drew saying that. And he probably believes it too. (Not that I don't!)
Post a Comment