We had an overwhelmingly, over the top, fun weekend - in fact, it was so overwhelming I didn't pull out my camera until Sunday afternoon when most of the fun people were gone and things were starting to settle back down. My nephew, Tristan was baptized on Saturday so we jaunted off to Huntington while Drew headed in the opposite direction for one last snowboarding weekend at Telluride. Brennan stayed in Moab to hang with his friends who were home from college to hear his homecoming talk. On the way to Huntington we got a call from Brennan telling us that Drew had hit a deer on HIS way to Telluride, so instead of hanging with his friends, Brennan would spend the day hooking up trailers, gathering tie downs and traveling to Paradox to rescue Drew. When Drew hit the deer, in Drew's words, "the antlers just fell right off" so he, considering them sheds at that point, gathered them up and brought them home.
The only three point buck this family has killed in years and Drew got him with our Tundra - and Dave is short one work truck :( But the boys are O.K., and that is what is important - or so I keep telling Dave.Brennan did a wonderful job reporting at High Council and in Sacrament Meeting and the support of friends and family was heartwarming. We had a breakfast bar afterward and all basked in the glow of Brennan and his missionary spirit.
My sisters drug me away for a quick "sisters" picture. Here we are, the three Johnson sisters. And yes, I am the only non red head. I always have been. The only non red head. Because I'm unique. And I'm O.K. with that, believe it or not.Our thoughts were also with Dave's niece, Lisa and those family members who stayed to support her as she was giving her farewell talk before heading to the MTC and a mission in Japan. As Dave's Mom said, apparently in this family when we bring one missionary home, we have to send another one out. Good luck Lisa. My goodness, the days are just packed!
1 comment:
It was a great weekend, so glad we could be there for his homecoming!
Post a Comment