Thursday, February 5, 2009

We're Goin' To France

Yes, it's official. The plane tickets are bought, there's no backing out now. It was always a plan in the works that when Brennan returned from his mission we would go back to France with Bren as our guide/translator, and since he has talked non stop about returning since he unboarded the airplane a week ago, we decided to go now. RIGHT now. We will leave in two weeks! February 18th and return on March 4th - my Dad and Dave's Mom's birthdays. Wow. I'm a little panicked.


We HAVE been saving money for the trip. In this Eiffel Tower piggy bank that was supposed to be full after two years. Don't worry, those are mostly quarters. We'll be fine. I think.

4 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

So I guess you got work off for two whole weeks? That or you gave him your two weeks notice? I am SO jealous. I want to go back to France so bad. You make him get me some of those pastries I was talking about. And an Eiffel tower keychain. That's all I want. It will only take a couple of those quarters.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

JEALOUS!!! This must have been some sort of trick to get us not to go. Tell us that you won't be going so we don't save our money for that. Oh well you deserve the vacation of a lifetime. Hope you have fun!

Ellen James said...

Ya, that should be plenty of money! :) I'm so excited for you! I will type up some things that I think are "not to miss". You will have the trip of a lifetime.

wild murdocks said...

Lucky! Bon Voyage!

The homecoming talk was great, what a sweet kid! It gives me hope that some of my boys will grow out of their shyness!