Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hiking in the Pyrenees

This was the point in our trip when we officially felt like sight- seers. Brennan had lived near the Pyrenees Mountains for most of his mission without being able to actually go into those mountains. Being mountain lovers and a family that can't pass up a good hike, we ventured on up. This picture was taken from the car as we drove by. There are a lot of pretty things to see in France, but not a single place to pull over and take a picture of those things. You either get it as you drive by or you don't get a picture. I missed a lot the first few days because I refused to take a picture from a moving car.

It was cold at the top. We were just below a small ski resort here. Dave took this picture and he was apparently more interested in getting the icicles in focus than his family, but you get the idea.

We stopped and ate lunch at this little roadside table. Most of our meals consisted of baguettes, lunch meat, many kinds of cheese (I would only eat swiss) and some kind of good fruit juices that I think must have been carbonated. By the way, trying to find Pepsi in France was an adventure! Dave was constantly on a quest to find me a Pepsi.

And we hiked through these pretty mountains. We didn't have to get down very far to get below the snow and with our jackets on the hiking was perfect.

There were many beautiful waterfalls on our hike. I was bummed when I got home and found that this cute picture of my boys in front of this waterfall with their arms around each other actually looking like the buddies I had always hoped they would become had an ugly green fence in the foreground that I didn't see through my camera lens. Oh well, it catches the essence of day. It was a fun and relaxing way to spend a Monday.

4 comments:

Ellen James said...

Gorgeous pictures. I didn't even notice the fence! Looks like you had fun.

Chelle said...

It looks absolutely beautiful!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

You can't see the fence, unless you click on the picture to enlarge. Then it just looks like you fenced them in and told them to look chummy OR ELSE!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

I had to lok really hard to see what fence you were even talking about. And the one where the icicles are in focus and you are not, you really can't tell because you are so small! Those pictures are really beautiful. It's nice that you are blogging so much now that you have so much to blog about! I always know that you will have something new posted.