Saturday, March 7, 2009

We Interrupt This Travelogue . .

It was Jr. Prom day today and for the past few months we've had a Junior living here at our house, so we been proming all day. My niece, Talisha apparently comes from an alien land were the Juniors don't practice for months learning a nice ballroom type dance to perform at their prom, but we do it here, and so when in Moab . . .

This is Talisha with her Prom date, Nathan

And Drew with his Prom date, Ashlyn. We had fun this year fixing dinner for these two cute couples at our house. I was cookin' all day, making rolls, two kinds of soup for the soup course (so they would have a choice just like a real restaurant) - Chicken Noodle or Clam Chowder, then two entrées - Orange Chicken with Wild Rice or Ginger Steak Salad and berries and cream for desert. Then it was off to the dance.

The Promenade was great. It always amazes me what they can get these kids to do. It was a very intricate, weaving and turning kind of dance.

Talisha and her partner joined the practice about four weeks late, but you would never have known it. They were pros.

They had the Juniors join in the royalty dance. Talisha danced with Dallin Dalton for that one.

And then there was the parents dance. Here is Talisha with Dave.

And this year they decided to have a second parent dance in case there was a grandparent or some other family member that wanted the opportunity to dance with their Junior, so Drew came out and danced with Talisha for the second parent dance.

These two are cute together, and they are acting more and more like brother and sister. I've always thought they were kindred spirits. Don't you just love to see good kids having a good time?

2 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

I had to come check it before I went to bed since I knew you were going to post it. Glad they had a good time, the pictures are really cute. Nice job on hiding the you-know-what on the one pictures. (I won't point it out for everyone to notice) but I did have to click to enlarge it to see what you covered up.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Cute! I hope she had fun, I love to see that big smile on her face. She is such a cute girl, it's been fun to get to know her while she's been living with you. That last picture of she and Drew dancing is really cute.