Some of the blessings I have received in my life as late have been what I have felt deep in my heart to be "Tender Mercies". When referring to them as such, Dave asked me, "what is a tender mercy?" And it was then that I realized I wasn't sure, just that I felt these particular blessing had been what I had heard referred to as tender mercies. So today I studied tender mercies, what they are, why they occur, and how we know a blessing we have received is a message of concern sent from a loving Heavenly Father as a tender mercy.

According to David A. Bednar, tender mercies are blessings that are real, they don't happen randomly or by coincidence, their timing helps us discern them, and they are very personal blessings that are sent to help us when we need strength, protection, assurance, guidance, loving kindness, consolation, support and spiritual gifts. Those blessings I mentioned before fit Elder Bednar's points to a "T", and am overwhelmed to consider that my Heavenly Father would be so mindful of me.

Speaking of blessings, not necessarily tender mercies, we have spent a goodly amount of time lately playing this year's new "funnest game of the season" BLOKUS!! A good game of Blokus, some popcorn made with the Whirlypop, and some cherry cordial M&M's and you have all the makings of a fun night with the boys :)
No comments:
Post a Comment