Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mr. Fix-it

Kyle and Michelle were visiting for the weekend. I love it when they visit! Not only because they bring two cute grandsons for me to play with, and not only because we get to play games and watch movies after the boys go to bed, and not only because I have someone to hang out with at the Bonderman open house, or what ever other event we might go to, but because when Kyle comes, he fixes things.
This weekend my stove got a working over. It's a gas stove that only ignites two of the four burners. And one of THOSE doesn't light all the time. So, I have to use a bic lighter, a fire starter, or a match to ignite my stove, and in this day and age, unless you're camping, you just shouldn't have to ignite your stove with a fire starter. So Kyle pulled it out to see if he could motivate it into working.

Don't focus on the underside of my stove. It isn't pretty! But that handyman there working on my stove? He can fix anything. Just ask anyone, he really can. And he fixed my stove! Sort of. There were two burners working when he started, one front and one back on the left. And when he was finished? Two burners working!! But now they are the two front ones, and anyone who cooks knows the two front burners are more useful and important than SIX back ones. And there are parts on the way to fix the other two, but I may have to wait for the installation of those parts until Easter when Kyle and Co. come again. Thanks Mr. Fix-it. I knew I there was a reason I didn't give you away when you were a teenager.

1 comment:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

I'll never forget the back door screen with the knob that was broken for 2 years and the day Kyle got back it was fixed along with every other minor broken thing no one saw important enough to fix.