Friday, March 22, 2013

Chicken Food Part Deux


Speaking of our Oregon vacation . . . after driving for six years,  I mean 12 or so hours we finally hit Klamath Falls and our beautiful stop for the night.  We had been snacking all day, so we weren't really hungry per say, just hungry for real food.  Luckily, the only restaurant there had chicken pot pie that was to die for!  The pie had crumbled biscuits on top instead of pie crust.  I LOVED it!  So when I got home, I went searching on pinterest, and I found an pretty good duplicate. 




I'm sure you could use Bisquick for the biscuits if you were really in a hurry, but this biscuit crust is home made with garlic and Parmesan cheese and is so yummy it's worth the trouble to make it from scratch. I used half and half instead of cream in the crust and it was still very good.
 
 And since I used half and half instead of cream in the biscuit mix, I didn't feel at all guilt about using half and half instead of milk in the filling.  The filling wasn't as "soupy", as Drew called it, as the Klamath Falls pot pie was.  It was a little thicker, and we all liked it that way.  But if you don't like it as thick, just add more chicken broth.  Or milk.  Or both.  You can see the delicious carrots and peas, but not so visible are the celery and onions.  MMmmmm.


 
 We ate the whole pie, Dave, Drew and I.  Dave waddled out of here moaning on the way to his Round Table meeting tonight.  He had three helpings!  We will be making this again.  The recipe is pinned on my Foods board or here is a link directly to the sight where I found it.  http://www.cookingclassy.com/2012/10/chicken-pot-pie-crumble-my-favorite-pot-pie/.  Stay tuned, there's still plenty of chicken left . . .

No comments: