Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Things You Never Thought About

Let me just say, I love beach grass.  I never knew that about myself until this Oregon trip, but as I began looking through the pictures I took while there, I realized that these were some of my favorite.

Of course one of the reasons is that my Brods is in them, but I took many pictures with my beloved grandkids in them.  And I love them all!!  And, granted, I haven't gone through nearly all of them yet, but I keep coming back and working on these.

Which is really weird because you can't see the ocean.  It's sky, sand and tall grass.  And then I remembered that my favorite  picture of all the pictures I look in France was a shot of Normandy Beach with a boardwalk and beach grass.  I loved feeling it evoked. But I just thought those feelings came from the fact that it was Normandy Beach with such a great and noble history.

I'm sure that's true to an extent.  There was a sacred, reverent feeling there that I've never felt anywhere else, but as I kept coming back to these pictures, I realized that I love beach grass.  At this late stage of my life I'm still discovering things about myself that I didn't know.  One thing I do know - we had a great Oregon vacation.  And beach grass, ocean with beautiful, breaking waves, lighthouses, and all other scenery aside, what made it great were the people.  The blessings of family.  I am overwhelmed

1 comment:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Of course I absolutely love these pictures! I loved the beach grass too!