Saturday, March 16, 2013

First Glimpse Of The Ocean

 I always forget how incredible the first glimpse of the ocean is in Oregon.  You're driving through pine trees - which is like driving in the mountains in Utah - and suddenly you catch a glimpse of something between the pines.  Just for a few seconds, but it's something with big, crashing waves.  And you think, "Was that the ocean?  No, it couldn't be.  We're in pine trees here.  And those waves are WAY TOO big!!!  It's a thrilling experience.

 Cute, cute picture of Porter above.  I love that my grand kids are growing up comfortable with posing for their photographer mothers.  It's SO easy to get good pictures of all of them.  These boys were SO happy to get out of the car and climb something!! 
 There are several things I love about this picture.  First, we took a picture by this same tree 22 years ago when we first came to Oregon on vacation.  It was our 13th wedding anniversary. Second, Dave isn't even trying to look good.  He's squinting because the sun is in his eyes.  Again, he thinks he's smiling.  It's the best he can do :)  And third, there is a cute little squirter climbing all over the tree in the background.  Love it!!

 Doesn't this picture look like a postcard?  At first I couldn't figure out how it got on my memory card.  Then I realized, "I took this picture!!"  I think it's beautiful! I put a watercolor filter on it - again with the water color filter.  First glimpse of the ocean, first glimpse of a light house.  Happy memories of Oregon. 

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit, I have never been there. Makes me want to go.

Chelle said...

It was a beautiful first glimpse of the ocean. And a much needed one after driving so many hours! Pretty pictures.