Saturday, January 3, 2015

January 2015 Day Two

On Friday, January 2nd, Kimbrey and Daniel and their kids were still here, so we all went to the mountain to go sledding.  There is a great sledding hill up the Geyser Pass road that we go to every year.  It is perfect for sledding when you live in Moab where the snow usually doesn't get deep enough to sled on.
Brody was the first one down the hill.  We didn't realize when we sent him down that the green sled was going to be the fast sled.  He is in control in this picture, but in his first sled of the day, there was NO control going on.  I'm surprised we EVER got him to try it again, he was so mad!  But try again he did and by the end of the day he was the only one NOT crying to go home :)
Aiden looks like he's in agony, but really, that is his look of  "I'm having SO MUCH FUN!"  There was a berm of snow at the bottom of the hill that was supposed to stop you from sledding out on to the road, but really, it just launched you into the air and landed you out on the road if you didn't bail off.  Aiden didn't bail off . . .
And neither did Chaser.  Here he is mid launch. 
And here he is pre-launch.  He can see it coming, but he's going to ride it out . . 
This is a more controlled Chaser on a slower sled.  This was a toboggan sled.  The kind that went faster with two people on it. 
Like with me and Capri here.  We were good together, Miss Capri and I.  I had to be brave for her, and she laughed through every crash for me.  We were a team!
Here is Drew with Charlie, who is wondering what her Dad has gotten her into now.  
And Kimbrey with cute little Kaylie, who thought sledding was SO much fun, until she got cold.  Then it wasn't anymore.  The best part of this day was when, on the way home the boys got hot, so I let them take their seat belts off long enough to take off their snow pants.  And they giggled and giggled because it was THEN they realized that their butts were wet :)  It's so funny what 7 and 8 year old boys will think is SO funny!!




1 comment:

Kimbrey said...

I love your pictures. I havn't even gone through mine yet. Can you email me a copy of the one of Brody, Chase making the jump, and me and Kaylie?

Thanks for the fun sledding day!