The assignment for this lesson required an outing, so when a friend of a friend called and asked if I could spare an hour on Saturday to take a few engagement pictures of her daughter, I was so excited because there was my outing! It turned out I was taking pictures of Kate Hudson and Tobey Maguire. Not really, but you have to admit they bear a striking resemblance.
The file info on this picture is f/4.0, sputter speed 1/250 sec, ISO 200 and I was in aperture priority, mainly because it was so bright outside that I was having a hard time reading the manual information on my camera. I like how they fill the frame and, even though my aperture was 4.0, the background is nicely blurred. I was able to stand on a rock and get slightly above them so my angle was nice, with Amy looking up at me.
This picture is similar, but with a more eye level viewpoint. by aperture was f/2.8 in this photo, with a shutter speed of 1/1600 and ISO still 200. I could have easily lowered my ISO to 100 and been fine, but I routinely shoot with an ISO of 200, so I didn't think to try lowering it. I wish I had asked her to tilt her head a little so both eyes were showing clearly, but I really like this composition and viewpoint of this one.
This photo was taken with my K-7 (my old camera) with my new lens. We took this one up on the motocross track :) My aperture was f/4.0 and shutter speed was 1/1250 with an ISO of 200. I think this is a cute picture, but the there is a skyline merge that I could have avoided by getting above them more. I was a little handicapped because Dave was supposed to bring me a step ladder, but he forgot :)
I'm just throwing in these last few for the heck of it. These guys kept trying to pay me, but I finally convinced them it would be more valuable to me if they let me play around with the sun in a few shots. This is one where I was trying to do something creative with sun flare. Still not perfect, but better than I've been able to do before! I like how the sun makes it look like a little magic is happening between them there ;)
And another one. This one was pretty faded by the sun, but I thought making into a black and white worked well. It was such a cute pose I couldn't leave it out.
We did a lot of this . . . they were a happy couple, these two! We teased Ben about being a city boy. All too often I had to say; "Ben!" because he was looking off at the pretty scenery instead of at me, or his cute fiance.
Their first date was December 21st, and they are getting married on February 21st. A quicker romance than ours! They are a cute couple and I had a lot of fun with them. Thanks for being my photography assignment outing Ben and Amy.







2 comments:
On your first one I really like how you filled the frame with the couple. It makes it feel cozy and helps really focus on them without other distraction. Also a good use of the rule of thirds. On your second one I like the eye level viwpoint (although I also like the viewpoint from above in the first one). I agree about having both of her eyes showing, but didn't really notice until I read your comment about it. Also the sun flare ones turned out good. I really like the black and white one.
I've typed this comment three times now, and on my phone no less! Because Aiden is on the computer. Anyway. I know this isn't the point of the exercise, but I love your sun flare pictures! The black and white one is my very favorite. I love the use of the rule of thirds, and you can almost draw a curved line from the sun in the corner to his face to her face.
Post a Comment