So, I took Dave to see Twilight last night. It was the third Twilight viewing for me, which is almost an anomaly. I just don't see movies in the theater that often. Most of the time I practice patience and wait until a movie comes out on DVD so I can watch it in my PJ's in the comfort of my own home without the distraction of a glowing cell phone from the apparently bored young girl sitting in front of me texting every one of her contacts throughout the entire movie. Yes, that has happened to me. M.o.r.e. t.h.a.n. o.n.c.e. But not since I was a teen aged girl myself and the only thing to do in Moab was go to the Drive-In and the only movie playing for three weeks straight was American Graffiti have I seen a movie IN THE THEATER three times. And I still liked it, in fact, Dave got bored in the middle (before the vampire fights) and started talking to me and I had to shush him so I didn't miss anything. I'm not obsessed with Twilight - believe me, I know. I have a couple of friends who are. But the reason for my lack of boredom with this not greatly epic movie eludes me. I thought it might be the novelty of the thing - vampires fitting into the human world, but I didn't care for the Harry Potter movies and the same kind of novelty exists there. We ran into some friends at the movie who said they were just there to see what all the hoopla was about. They hadn't read the book, didn't know anything about the movie, just wanted to see what everyone was making such a fuss over. I wish I could tell them, but I don't know. I just know I like it. But I do know this . . . .

I think I am obsessed over these. My collection of many nativity's, from tiny to bigger . . .

And larger . . . .

And cuter - See the little Drummer Boy in the background? Oh, you can't see him very well in this picture. He's standing to the left of the angel. I like him. He's my favorite.

And my tree is up, it's pretty and it's real. So come on Christmas, we're ready here. And just a little obsessed.
1 comment:
I don't know..... sounds borderline obsessive to me :). Have you read Edwards book yet? I started it a while ago. Adds more debth to the whole story.
Post a Comment