Sunday, January 25, 2009

Anticipation


Not that I'm counting, but we pick up Brennan in THREE MORE DAYS!! In his last letter he said "I can't believe this is my last week! I don't want to go home! Every time I think about it it just doesn't seem real! It can't have already been two years! It is going to be so weird!" But here at home, we are just a little bit excited.


To distract ourselves, we took a drive out to Anticline Overlook today. I hadn't been there in years and Drew never had, so we made the journey to enjoy the beautiful scenery. What a view! It was cold, so we didn't spend much time there, but we had some good family time and renewed our gratitude to Heavenly Father for placing us in such a beautiful place and blessing us with such a wonderful life here.



Drew took this picture of me. As Dave was watching he said, "What is a Fish Wife? I think you look like a Fish Wife there." Does anyone know what a Fish Wife is, and should I be offended?

4 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

fish·wife (fshwf)
n. pl. fish·wives (-wvz)
1. A woman who sells fish.
2. A woman regarded as coarse and shrewishly abusive.

Not sure about the whole fish-wife thing.... I like the picture.

We are getting a little excited as well, especially for Chase to meet his uncle Brennan. See you in a couple days!!!

The Johnsons said...

I bet your so excited, I can't believe its been two years.

Ellen James said...

Great pictures. I don't get the fish wife thing, but tell Dave to get lost. Didn't I warn you not to marry him? Maybe not, it might have been Mary that I warned.

I can't wait until Wednesday! Yippee for you! See you then!

wild murdocks said...

I love the "fish wife" comment! But I'd have to agree with Ellen, I think he deserves a smack down--fish-wife style!