Monday, January 12, 2009

Coming Home!!!!

Last week I sent this picture to Brennan and told him that this was how I wanted to see him coming off the plane - running his hardest right up to the finish line. And now we know WHEN he will be coming off the plane. Whoo hoo!!

No, we haven't received travel plans from Brennan's mission office yet and I have resisted calling the travel office to see when he will be arriving home because I didn't want to be "soccer mom-ish". It only matters because we have to travel to Salt Lake to pick him up, so at least 4 hours notice would be helpful. I had determined that if we didn't receive something by tomorrow I was calling - soccer mom-ish or not. Every week after I e-mail Bren I sign into HIS e-mail account to make sure MY e-mail got all the way to France. Not that I'm in awe that an e-mail actually makes it all the way across the ocean to another continent. In fact, I am surprised that many times it DOESN'T and I have to resend it. Anyway, there among his unread e-mails for this week were his TRAVEL PLANS. He arrives in Salt Lake at 2:00 in the afternoon on January 28th. Leaving Paris at 10:35 am, he will have flown for 11.5 hours and will arrive 3.5 hours after he left. Now THAT blows my mind. And now, finally, I can get excited - YES!!

4 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

wow- you finally have his plans and it's what?? like two weeks away? Well anyways ....That's perfect timing to fly in at 2:00 I will be done with school for the day and can be at the airport and everything. Can't wait! (although I bet this two week is going to go faster than any of us can imagine!)

Olson Family said...

Thats exciting news I'm happy for you!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Wow, I can't believe he's really coming home! Hopefully he's coming home fun Brennan and leaving mean Brennan in France!

Chelle said...

I can't believe its already been two years!