
I've got a lot to learn about photography, but right up near the top I need to learn to be more ready for candid shots. I thought I was ready for this one, my camera was set to the right settings, I even had my distance setting perfect, I just didn't recognize my own son and had to whip the camera back up to my face to get a shot of him coming through the door. Thus, it is blurry. The only shot I have of him when he left was one I took in front of the MTC and his eyes are closed. I'm a nervous photographer.

Kimbrey posted this picture on her blog, but I'm posting it again because I love it. Those were new shoes when he left. Shoes worn out in the service of our God. But then Brennan has never been one to give up on a pair of shoes. I should post a picture of the ones he left here at home!
It was emotional watching him say good bye to his missionary buddies. And watching him wipe tears away all day yesterday as the realization hit that he was home and his mission was over. He misses it, and that's a good thing. He doesn't get released until tonight, so he's at work this morning in some of Drew's old jeans, an old sweatshirt, coveralls, and his missionary name tag is pinned to those coveralls. Sitting here now, I wish I had taken a picture of that.
3 comments:
We can't wait to see him! Aiden espescially, I keep asking him who's coming home, and he says Brennan! Friday! He can't wait to re-meet his uncle.
I wish you had taken a picture of that too! How's he adjusting to the "real" world?
I can remember how exciting it was when my brothers came home! Hopefully he is adjusting and everything is going good! Can't wait to see you guys next sunday!
Post a Comment