For the first part of lesson #1, I used Charlie as my co-operative person who would sit and play quietly while I looked and then took pictures from different angles. I gave her a little box filled with some old jewelry so she would sort of quietly sit and play with the stuff. It worked pretty well :)
This picture was shot at f/3.5, ISO 200 with a shutter speed of 1/160 sec. I was in aperture priority. This was shot from a high viewpoint, which works well because I have the carpet as a background instead of pieces of furniture. Charlie's face is in the top third of the picture and the jewelry box in the bottom third. I wish she was smiling, but the seriousness of her face looks like she just got caught playing in something she's not supposed to be playing in, so it works well for this picture.
This picture was also shot at f/3.5, ISO 200 with a shutter speed of 1/200 sec. I was in aperture priority. This was also shot from a high viewpoint, giving me carpet as a background, but I was off to one side of her instead of right in front. In this picture, Charlie's face is in the top right third of the photo. I like that there is a necklace in her mouth and a pile of them on the floor next to her, telling the story of her playing with the jewelry.
This one was also shot at f/3.5, ISO 200 with a shutter speed of 1/160 sec. Still in aperture priority. This was shot from more of an eye level, and, while I love that she is getting into the little box in this picture, there are several legs of furniture in the picture, causing a distraction, and one of them even merging slightly with the top of her head. I wish I had either shot this one from a higher viewpoint or moved the chairs.
f/3.5, shutter speed 1/200 sec, ISO 200, aperture priority. Again, I love her interaction with the jewelry box, but there are legs from a chair merging with the top of her head. I needed to change my angle or viewpoint to avoid that merger.




1 comment:
I love the first two. Actually I love them all, but I can see your point about the other things in the background in the other two. I love how you used to rule of thirds so well in all of them!
Post a Comment