Saturday, September 27, 2008

Never A Dull Moment



Several years ago the number of years I have lived with this man surpassed the number of years I had lived without him. You would think at that point I would know him well enough that nothing he could come up with would surprise me. Frustrate me, yes, try my patience, yes, but surprise me? About the time we crossed that line, an event took place which created a crossroad of sorts and presented Dave with the option of "A road not taken." He jumped whole heartedly into the world of falconry - with my permission, by the way. However, I am considering taking back my supportive vote on the condition that I didn't know all the facts about what that decision involved. For instance, I didn't know my backyard would be transformed into a rehab center for injured birds, hawk house, flight pen and all. I didn't know rabbits would be living on and eating off my back lawn, rabbits, mind you, that are for the feeding of falcons. I
didn't know we would become hamster and mice breeders, and I didn't know until last night that we would be hatching quail eggs in my utility room. That's right guys, we are apparently growing our own quail now. I AM kind of excited to see how cute they are when they hatch, but not so excited to find out where THEY get to live.