Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seminary Students Say the Darndest Things

TO


Have I ever said this before? I love teaching seminary. Seminary students are the cream of the crop - and sometimes, when they are so into what you are trying to teach that they loose all inhibitions, they say some pretty funny things. Take today, for instance. We had just reviewed the Twelve Apostles song from below. Now remember, the song goes, "David A Bednar changed Ricks to the Y". We went on to recognizing the apostles by their pictures. I had covered the names so they had to put a Apostle's name with their face by memory. Competitive as teen agers are, they were racing, trying to beat each other to a name, so when I held up David A. Bednar's picture, one cute little freshman excitedly shouted, "Oh! Oh! That's the guy . . . he changed Y to Z!"

2 comments:

Olson Family said...

That is so funny! I loved the song by the way. I'll have to learn that one myself

The Johnsons said...

Thats a good one! You sound like a great teacher, I bet they are so happy when you get to teach.