One of the purposes of trying to blog every day - I know, I haven't blogged EVERY day, but much more frequently than in the past, you have to admit - is to insure that I DO something worthwhile every day. The danger of being "empty nesters" and not having anyone depending on you even getting up in the morning, especially if you aren't very self motivated, is that you may spend your days watching 39 episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" instead of accomplishing something of worth. So, inspired by pintrest, and much to Dave's chagrin, I have made some assignments. This is Daves:

So some day soon we hope Dave's project above will look something like this. We shall see : )
My project is the stairs. They have never been finished and I have so many unfinished areas of my house that I just didn't care until now. Today I have been drywalling and sanding with the intent that some day soon, my stairs will look like this.
Without the wall board, with the stair rail on the other side and all that. But similar. These are long term projects, I understand that, even though I'm not patient with it : ) But just so my soul is able to survive the slowness that we are, I did do a project today that I could finish.
Ruby slippers for our New Beginnings that will have a Wizard of Oz theme. The Ruby Slippers are going to have a cellophane bag with Hershey kisses inside the shoe, because the idea is that Dorthy was given everything she needed to succeed in her quest to get to Oz - Ruby Slippers and a kiss. And Young Women are given everything they need to succeed at Personal Progress - a Personal Progress book, leaders and parents. Now, I just have to make another 25 or so. Thank goodness for projects. Projects will save the world - if just from bad T.V.




1 comment:
I can't wait to see the finished product, of both the closet/nook, and the stairs! I'm sure it will look great. Have fun!
Post a Comment