Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Big Dream . . .

Today I continued with my 52 weeks to clean closets goal.  I know - it's supposed to be 52 weeks to a more organized you, but hey, you have start somewhere, right?  And today it was the lockers in the kitchen. 


I cleaned them out, moved shelves around, put things where they made more sense - that kind of thing.


In the middle of the project Dave texted me and asked if I wanted to come out and help him dig holes.  I said, "No thank you, I am cleaning out lockers and I now have EMPTY SHELVES!!"

And his reply was:  "Your big dream . . .die with half your shelves empty".  Does that man know me or what?  Mine and Dave's philosophy on the storage of items is quite a bit different.  He is of the following mindset - "If your head was flat, would you store stuff on it?"  Dave's answer would be a resounding "YES!"  Not that it's a bad philosophy, just different from mine.

 
The great thing about cleaning out closets is the strange things you find in them that you either forgot, or never knew you had.  Like this - Red Wine Alternative?  Where did I get this?  How long have I had it?  And what am I supposed to do with it now that I know it's there?  Much of my life is a mystery - this just adds to it :)

No comments: