Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Pintrest From the Young Women's Board

This is a pintrest from the past that was SO fun to do. I shared it on facebook, but not here.  Our them for Young Women in Excellence this year was I Am the Daughter of a King.  The girls wore prom dresses, walked a red carpet, and were treated just as royally as we could treat them.  They LOVED it!  We have a great group of Young Women right now, so spiritual, so strong, and such good singers!  So, we have them sing just as often as we can.  At YW in Excellence they sang a Jenny Phillips song called Live It - meaning don't just go to church on Sunday and say you're a member of the Church, but each and every day you should Live It.


So, I made these washer necklaces for them.  Here is the original from Pintrest.  This was done for a Girl's Camp thing, so I formalized mine a little bit by leaving the fabric tie off.



And here is mine.  As I said, our Young Women loved them and as they wear them and see them sitting on their dressers or in their jewelry boxes, I hope it will remind to live the gospel.  And, that they had a Young Women's leader who loved them and made them a cute necklace that she found on pintrest. 

No comments: