Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Day Eight

I considered cheating and making each one of these kids a separate day, and I am SO thankful for them they really could be, but I won't.  Today I am thankful for each one of my grandkids.  
Aiden, I love you best because you were my first.  You came to us as a tender mercy from Heavenly Father.  You were meant to be a part of our family and your Mom and Dad had the courage to reach out, grab you and bring you in.  You are smart and funny and SO VERY COOL.  When I try to think what my life would be like without you, it hurts so much I stop breathing for a minute.  I love you!  And I am thankful every day for you.
Porter, I love you best because you were the first baby of MY first baby.  You are sweet and kind and have the BEST red hair.  You are smart and perceptive and I love how you run to me whenever you see me.  I also love that you KNOW you are going on a mission, and that you are going to Madagascar.  I love a young man who knows who he is and where he's going :)  I love you!  And I am thankful every day for you. 
Chaser, I love you best because you are my buddy.  Every Gramma needs a buddy, and not every grandkid wants his Gramma along everywhere he goes.  But you always want me to come along and you always quietly walk up and slip your hand into mine and walk along side of me.  I love your bright smile and how excited you are about things.  You are smart and handsome and a lot of fun to hang out with.  I love your good athletic ability, I love your giggle, and I love you!   And I am thankful every day for you.
Bridger, I love you best because you are my special little dimples guy.  I could fall into those dimples and live there :) And into your beautiful blue eyes.   You are a great looking hunk of a guy who is going to drive the girls crazy someday - hopefully a long ways off with the girls thing!!  You are creative and smart and full of personality.  I love how you and Porter are such good buddies.  Someday you will discover that there is no better friend than a brother!!  I love how excited you ALWAYS are to see me.  I love you!!  And I am thankful every day for you.

Brody, I love you best because you ALWAYS make me laugh.  And I LOVE to laugh.  Your Mom could always do that, too :)  You are SO handsome and polite and you try SO hard to be good.  Anything Chase can do you try to do, too.  You are SO brave, you dare to try ANYTHING!!  It is SO much fun to watch you bulldoze your way through life :)  You are incredibly handsome and sweet and I love you!!  And I am thankful every day for you.
Capri, I love you best because you were my first grand daughter.  Girls are just special, there's no getting around it.  I love your spunky attitude.  I've always wanted a spunky attitude, but I'm too shy for one.  I love that you are a little bundle of fire that isn't going to let ANYONE run over her.  Channel that spunk in the right direction and you can do ANYTHING you want in this world.  You are beautiful and fun and full of personality.  I love your chatter, how happy you are, and how much you love your brother :)  You are such a blessing to your Mom and Dad and to Aiden, and to me.  I love you, and I am thankful every day for you.   

Years ago I used to write poetry - well, my kind of poetry.  One day someone called my poems "Relief Society Poetry" and I haven't written a poem since.  Someday I am going to try and pull how I feel about my grandchildren out of my heart and put those feelings into a poem.  But for now I'll just say how lucky I feel to have these six beautiful people in my life.  Thank you Heavenly Father.  I am so blessed. 

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

What a wonderful post. You are a pretty lucky Grandma, what beautiful Grandkids. They are very lucky to have you as a Grandma.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

I love this post and all the kids in it!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

I loved this post! I thought I left a comment the other day, but it was on my phone, and it doesn't always work. Anyway...
You spelled out pretty much the same reasons that I love each of those kids too!
And how dare anybody call your poems "Relief Society poetry"! That's rude, and it doesn't even make any sense! Thou shalt not judge other people's poetry!