Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful Post Day Four

Yes, I'm already a day behind.  There are so many things I'm thankful for, it's hard to narrow them down to one.  But yesterday I taught the Gospel Doctrine lesson in Sunday school.  3 Nephi 27 was all about the Gospel and how the Atonement IS the gospel.  There were two verses in section 27, the imagery of which was overpowering to me.
 13 Behold I have given unto you my gospel and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.
 14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.
I love the imagery that as Christ was lifted up by men so men should be lifted up by the Father.  He was lifted up in suffering so we could be lifted up without having to suffer.  
When we attended Dave's mission reunion this year, Elder Ballard made this remark.  "The power of heaven has the capacity to watch over the whole world individually."  I am so thankful to know that.  And I am so thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.   

No comments: