Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful Day Six

Yes, I am officially skipping Monday.  Not that I wasn't thankful on Monday, but I'm skipping it and going on to Tuesday's Thankful post.  Today I am thankful for the right to VOTE!  Even though I voted early, so my voting was done and I did NOT vote today, I am thankful that I, as a woman and a citizen of this great United States, can have my voice heard and my opinion count.  And now, a voting story . . .






Several many, many years ago, when we moved into our house, we needed to register to vote in our new voting district.  Dave and I were busy then with a business and four little active kids and voting just wasn't a top priority for us (gasp!!).  But Grandma Cozzens was the voting registrar and she got us over to her house to register to vote just days before the upcoming election.  But THEN . . . .come election day, we got busy and FORGOT TO VOTE.  Both of us!  A few days after the election we were at a friend's house and a new lady who had just moved into our ward stopped by, so my friend was introducing her to us, and when she came to me she said, "This is Carri Cozzens"  and the new lady said, "Oh!  You're the one who didn't vote."  I was a little confused.  "I was the ONLY one?!"  I asked.  Turns out, she volunteered to be a voting judge so she could get to know some people in our community, and she noticed that I had gone to the trouble to register just a few days earlier, but then had NOT voted.  It left an impression.  Not a good one I assume.  And I have NEVER forgotten to vote again.   
All the Fingers I have are crossed for the RIGHT man to win tonight!!  God Bless America.

1 comment:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Haha, funny story :)
Someday I'll tell you my funny voting story, but it's too soon and dad might hear about it. I'd never hear the end of it ;)
Too bad the wrong man won, huh? Oh well. Hopefully in four more years we can save the world by voting for the RIGHT man!