Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Quirky Things I Love ♥♥♥

 With some random pictures that I love.  Don't try to figure out how they fit with the quirky things I love because they don't, but hey, they ARE pictures of non quirky things I love :) 

First of all, TIDE!!  I am a tide user.  I've tried different cheaper laundry detergents, but there's just something about tide.  This quirky post is actually the result of a sweepstakes entry on this lovely blog that I read daily http://www.somewhatsimple.com, but I do love TIDE!  And crest toothpaste.  And Zest soap.  AND living where I can see a sunset like the one pictured below any time I want to :)

I love that I wear jeans at work, but on my day off I wear a dress.  And heaven smiles.

 
 Last night as Dave and I were saying our night time prayers there was a freaky noise outside our bedroom window.  Remember, this was Halloween night!  And I (whose turn it was to pray) just continued saying the prayer without stopping or screaming, but as soon as we both said "Amen" we turned to each other and said, in unison, "What the heck was THAT!"  I love the reverence we have for spiritual things :)

 I love my church busyness. On any Sunday I may be visiting a ward as a councilor in the stake young women's presidency, teaching a lesson as secretary of our ward young women's presidency, leading the music in sacrament meeting or, once a month or so, teaching the gospel doctrine Sunday school class. I also love the sweatshirt I am wearing the picture below and wondering where it is right now, because I could really use it!
 
Unusual for a (ahemmm) mature, middle aged woman, I LOVE to learn to use new techy things.  Most recently, my silhouette, but I have been saving credit card points for three years for an Ipad :)   And, although I do it SLOWLY,  and it has taken years and years . . I SO love learning to use my camera in more and better ways.

 I love the weird guy in the picture with me below.  I don't think there are two people more different who manage to stay together and happy, but somehow the weirdness and differences work for us :)  Look at that smile :)

And finally, my quirkiest love of all, The West Wing.  I am STILL a West Wing lover. A die hard Republican West Wing fan, that's me.  And now, I am going to go eat a quirky salad for lunch.  What kind of salad you ask, " I don't know what kind of salad it is, I'm eating a salad, okay? I'm doing it, do I have to know the names? There's no difference between them, it's a bowl of weeds!"   Toby, The West Wing ♥♥  

2 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Ahhh West Wing. That will always have a fond place in my heart and definitely not because I like it :) I'm pretty sure it was the summer I was getting married and home from school for a month (with little to do but plan a wedding). I would wake up EVERYDAY to the West Wing song playing from the menu screen after you had gone to work.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Yup. That West Wing music that played over and over after you fell asleep and the disc had finished playing so the music just played over and over again.
Although, I love Friends as much as you love West Wing. I could (ok, I do) watch it again and again without getting tired of it!
Also, nice sunset, sunshine pictures!