Wednesday, October 8, 2008
A Day Off
It's been ten weeks of working full time at Packards plus trying to keep up with my seminary job AND take care of bookwork around our office here at home. Ten weeks. Since the middle of July. The summer has passed me by, fall is here, winter is on it's way and I've been working. Today I finally had a day off and I was NOT going to spend it indoors cleaning, cooking, bookworking, or any of those mundane things that really needed to get done. I am taking senior pictures for a cute girl in our ward - yeah, don't ask - and her Dad is a photographer. If you don't think THAT is intimidating. But, another story for another day. So I went out looking for good spots to take her pictures and, low and behold, I discovered the wonder of a polarizing filter. Dave got me a 50mm lens (thanks, Michelle) for our anniversary and he got a couple of filters with it, including a polarizing filter. Look what a difference it made in these shots. They are straight out of the camera, no photoshop at all, this one without the filter. . . .
and this one moments after the above photo, but with the filter. What a difference, huh? The colors are richer, the sky is bluer, and I learned something new. A productive day off, I must say. Now, does anyone want to come to Moab this weekend and take Nikole's senior pictures?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've wanted a polarizer for some time now...I's always amazed at the difference it makes!
Post a Comment