Because in a few years these boys are going to come to my house to visit, and after the motorcycles are ridden and the tractors are quiet, they will come inside all worn out and tired and I'll pop in a movie and make them some popcorn and then one of them will shout, "I dubs the dinosaur quilt!" And that will prompt someone else to shout, "I get the dump truck quilt." And suddenly I will be the favorite. It's all part of my master plan. But first, I'm going to have to make a dump truck quilt.Sunday, October 26, 2008
Four Grandsons
We love our grandboys, Dave and I, and we have an unspoken, underlying competition for their love and attention. Dave has an ace in the hole because he has motorcycles and tractors, so I have to be creative. That's why I spent my "I've been working so hard I get to do anything I want today" Saturday making a dinosaur quilt. So far I've made six of these blocks. . . .
Because in a few years these boys are going to come to my house to visit, and after the motorcycles are ridden and the tractors are quiet, they will come inside all worn out and tired and I'll pop in a movie and make them some popcorn and then one of them will shout, "I dubs the dinosaur quilt!" And that will prompt someone else to shout, "I get the dump truck quilt." And suddenly I will be the favorite. It's all part of my master plan. But first, I'm going to have to make a dump truck quilt.
Because in a few years these boys are going to come to my house to visit, and after the motorcycles are ridden and the tractors are quiet, they will come inside all worn out and tired and I'll pop in a movie and make them some popcorn and then one of them will shout, "I dubs the dinosaur quilt!" And that will prompt someone else to shout, "I get the dump truck quilt." And suddenly I will be the favorite. It's all part of my master plan. But first, I'm going to have to make a dump truck quilt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are turning out so cute! I love the fabrics we chose. They are working perfectly. Good luck getting it done now that the girl at work quite. That free time probably won't happen much!
Those quilts are going to be so cute! What happens when one of the mommas yells "I get the dinosaur quilt" first? Can we compete with the boys for them?
Post a Comment