Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mount Tukuhnikivatz

This is Drew standing atop Mount Tukuhnikivatz, the SECOND highest peak on the LaSal Mountains. Don't ask why they climbed the second highest peak in Outdoor Ed Class, it doesn't make any sense. Actually, Drew doesn't know why and you know Drew, he'll just make up an answer because he doesn't know how to say the words, "I don't know". But he had a great time climbing the SECOND highest peak on the LaSals this week. Even more amazing than the climb are the two young men standing with Drew on the peak. Charlie, Tristan and Drew have been friends since time began. Now they are seniors and are looking off into varying futures. Drew's will hopefully include a mission, but Charlie and Tristan aren't members of the Church, so their futures will be somewhat different. I'm glad they have this last year to build memories.
By the way, no I didn't let Drew haul my nice camera up the mountain. He took these pictures with a little point and shoot of Dave's, so forgive the quality, but enjoy the view from the top!

3 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

What is it about men that they just can't physically say "I don't know"? Kenny has the same problem, he would rather make something ridiculous up than just admit he doesn't know.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Yeah like "we don't know how to get to the highest peak!" ? I agree it must be a guy thing because I catch Daniel doing it once in a while- Nice view from the top!

Tawna said...

I can't believe that's Drew!!! I don't feel any older than when I moved away, so how did he get older? :)