Yes, it's been six days since I've posted and I realize in hindsight I should have given Jill a disclaimer when I began this challenge to blog every day. The days when I am within a few feet of a grandbaby don't count. And for the past six day I've had at least one, and some times two, here to play. And play we did. We hiked with Ellen and Rick's family, to Left Hand on Friday for an unplanned night hike, and up Negro Bill Canyon to Morning Glory Arch on Saturday. The arch was hard to get a picture of - this one was taken standing under the arch looking up. I wish the sky had turned out, it was beautiful on Saturday.
But it (the sky) shows up better in this picture that I took of an old tree we passed along the way. I have a thing for old trees, I don't know why. These pictures are really for my brother Jay. I just wanted to show him that you don't have to travel the world to see beautiful things. You just have to come to Moab. :)
Now here are some people who were on our hike. Kyle and Porter are posing with Ellen. Actually, Ellen tried to walk out of the shot just before this and made my picture all blurry in the process, but I made her come back.And look at this old 1970ish style baby backpack we found to carry Chase in. Don't laugh, I used to carry my kids in that thing when they were babies. We have been a hiking family for THAT long!!! And look how Chase loved it.
Here are the babies playing together at the arch. They are starting to have a pretty good time together. And they are SO cute when they play. Actually, they are even cute when they don't play, but I may be biased just a little.
And that chronicles just one day of our six day weekend, but it's enough for now. Back to real life - dang it!
No comments:
Post a Comment